Friday, August 10, 2007

People we've told

A list of people we've told:

J (end of March)
To. (June)
M, M, & K (June)
T's mom (July)
J (August)

This, now that I think about it, is rather sad. No wonder I still have issues with this whole situation. I haven't managed to tell very many people about it.

But that's the thing with miscarriage in the US: generally, people don't talk about it. It's hidden. It's whispered about. You're encouraged to not tell anyone about your early pregnancy until it's safe, until the 2nd trimester, so you DON'T have to tell anyone about a miscarriage.

And therein lies our mistake.

But I'm glad I told these people, and I want to tell more.

I'm particularly glad I told MMK, even though it pained me when M announced her own pregnancy, because she mentioned others who'd miscarried. And then when M had the same experience a month later, we understood.

I think that we won't tell some people until we're pregnant again, though. I don't know why, but I think that's just how it might be. I think the "why didn't you tell me earlier" we got from T's mom makes me want to wait a while for some people. I think right now I'm just looking for sympathy & support & kind words that acknowledge our pain.

No comments: